Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Maytag front load washer Model # MAH5500B. How need

Customer Question

I have a Maytag front load washer Model # ***** How need to replace the door latch assembly. How do I do this?
Gary
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Good morning!

So the latch is fairly easy to replace, but you'll need to take the unit apart to do this. First, unplug the dryer and open the door. Remove the 2 screws going through the door hinges into the front panel. Remove the 2 screws on the opposite side of the door way and the front panel will unclip at the top and pull forward and down. Once you remove the front panel, use a 5/16" socket or nutdriver and remove the 5/16" hex screws below the top panel in the upper right and left corner. The metal clips holding the top panel will remove and you can tip the entire top panel up and backwards. Now just remove the 5/16" screws holding on the front panel so you can pull the front drum support out a bit and remove the door latch on the back of this front drum support.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?