Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. working for a major domestic appliance company. Numerous training programs with cities, guilds and major manufacturers.
14831508

When I use the griddle on my 6burner range I can't use any

Customer Question

When I use the griddle on my 6burner range I can't use any other burners, and I smell gas a lot. I just got my gas bill also and it was 243 for a month in the summer so I think I have a gas leak
Why will the burners sound like a jet engine when the griddle is on. No griddle burners work fine
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Im so sorry that no oneelse has responded to you.

Apologies for my delayin replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are youstill looking for help with this?

Please don't rate myanswer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just usethe reply button to contact me.

Can you tell me the make and model number?

Do you smell gas even when the range is not in use?

Thanks

Rob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not smell gas when the range is not in use. I have had the gas company measure the pressure and it is correct from a gas supply perspective. The model is a
Jennair 48 in professional PRG4810.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Additionally, when the burners are on they sound like a jet engine. I have checked the seating of the burner tops as well. This happens on any of the burners
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Thanks

OK, I am going to strongly suggest that you need to call Jennair and get them to check this out.

You should call them on 1-800-JENN-AIR (536-6247)

The reason is one of your safety.

With a leak it is not possible to diagnose this remotely.

It is much better to be safe than sorry and have a proffessional resolve this for you

Sorry there isnt an "easy" fix for you on this

Please dont shoot the messenger ! Its your safety that is paramount

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate myresponses so far? Please use the smiley faces / stars, which youshould now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not thewebsite or the problems you have had with this machine.
This willnot close your question and you can still come back to me if you needmore help
Thanks
Rob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Rob-
I get it I need to call for service but I'm trying to understand what the problem could be. If I don't use the griddle the burners work fine. Once I use the griddle the burners sound like jet engines and don't work well at all for a while until after I turn off the griddle.
Not trying to shoot the messenger but I am looking for better data than call jennair. I would have saved my money for that response. I'm looki for options of what can be causing this since I know the supply line is not the issue to the unit. Please advise as I don't want to rate you yet cause my rating won't be well received, I can only assume.
I appreciate your time but I expect more for what I paid .
Tha ks
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Please remember that I dont get credit at all unless you rate me well.

I would prefer you not to rate at all rather than rate me badly, Either way I get no credit and thats OK, I understand your situation.

You can always get a refund of any deposit paid, just contact customer services.

The problem I have is your safety.

I can not be seen to suggest you try some test or other, and then something happens to you.

It is far better to get someone in to test this for you

I hope you understand my situation

All the best

Rob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Rob-Please don't take my tone incorrectly. I am very much appreciative that you are putting my safety first. Let me try to ask this a different way. I don't actually want to debug this with you, but instead have you educate me on what can cause what I am see so that when the repair person comes Tuesday I can intelligently discuss the issue with them but also not get ripped off because they can tell me anything is wrong with it and cost me a fortune when in reality it could be something simple for them to fix for a lot less.
For example, the gas regulator could be bad on the unit, or something like that. I for sure don't have anything leaking because the gas company was out yesterday with their meter and there is not leak at all even when it's on.
Just trying to be better prepared.
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Hi

OK

I suspect that either air is leaking into the system, or the gas and air ratio is set incorrectly

Either way it should be pretty easy for the repair guy to sort fot you

Rob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's what I was lookin for Rob.Thank you!!!
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Your welcome, and thanks for understanding my position

Can I please ask you to rate using the smiley faces or stars that you should now see. This is the only way I get credit for trying to help you with this

Thanks

Rob