MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS
13971964

My detergent drawer to my lg washer will not open

Customer Question

my detergent drawer to my lg washer will not open
Category: Appliance
Expert:  kingmz replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** see you submitted this question about 35 minutes ago, do you still need help?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where is the answer?
Expert:  kingmz replied 1 year ago.

I have asked you a question if you still wanted help, so I will assume you still need help. Before I can tell you how to open that drawer I will need the model number. The model number is ***** behind the door along the rim of the washer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the model # ***** *****
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.

A cup inside the drawer has dislodged. There is no easy way to fix that as you cannot access it as the housing it goes into is sealed. The only way you can get this to open is to bang on the dispenser housing by taking the top of the washer off ands see if that cup will reseat. IF that fails then just pull the front off the dispenser (it will break- you have no other option here) and insert a coat hanger or something similar at the top of the dispenser and dislodge the cup so you can open this. You will need to buy another dispenser assembly to replace it since you will have broken the front off.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you still wash clothes with just putting laudry tab in with th clothes until I can get a repair person?
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.

That would be fine to do.