Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. working for a major domestic appliance company. Numerous training programs with cities, guilds and major manufacturers.
14831508

Gaggeneau 868-600 bottom oven will not turn on

Customer Question

gaggeneau 868-600 bottom oven will not turn on
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Im so sorry that no oneelse has responded to you.

Apologies for my delayin replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are youstill looking for help with this?

Please don't rate myanswer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just usethe reply button to contact me.

This is almost certainly a failed element

I the lower oven there is an element in the base.

You will need to access this from the rear and test it with a meter. If its open circuit you will need to replace it

In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate myresponses so far? Please use the smiley faces / stars, which youshould now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not thewebsite or the problems you have had with this machine.
This willnot close your question and you can still come back to me if you needmore help
Thanks

If you need a link to the part, after rating, please let me know and Ill try to find the part for you
Rob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Our oven is installed and I cannot get to the back......it happened so suddenly, I thought that we might be able to push a button somewhere