Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. working for a major domestic appliance company. Numerous training programs with cities, guilds and major manufacturers.
14831508

Plastic trays under dw getting water in them and small pump

Customer Question

Plastic trays under dw getting water in them and small pump keeps running till you remove the water next time it does it again
This happen to a twin dw last year bailed it a couple of times and it seem ok real tough job to get the water out of these trays
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Im so sorry that no oneelse has responded to you.

Apologies for my delayin replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are youstill looking for help with this?

Please don't rate myanswer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just usethe reply button to contact me.

It sounds like themachine has water in the base, where the pumps are.

This sets the floodguard and the discharge pump will run continuously in an effort toprotect the electrics in the base.
Turn off the electric.
Pullmachine forward.
Put towels down behind the machine.
Tiltmachine back at 45 degrees.
Water will come out the back.
Themachine should now be reset.
If this re occurs you have a leak andwill need to find it and rectify it .

In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate myresponses so far? Please use the smiley faces / stars, which youshould now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not thewebsite or the problems you have had with this machine.
This willnot close your question and you can still come back to me if you needmore help
Thanks
Rob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I understand that but what do think is leaking. As I said I had one doing the same thing. Is this machine notorious for this problem?
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Hi

I cant be certain, at a distance. This is something you will need to look for youself

Likely culprits are damaged or loose hoses, also yhe pumps are prone to leak

Remove the front kick panel and look in there for white stain marks. That will be the clue as to where the leak comes from

Then you can rectify and stop the leak

Please dont forget to rate as this is the only wy I get credit for spending my time helping yu

Thanks

Rob