Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My washing machine will not go pass ten minutes remaining on

Customer Question

my washing machine will not go pass ten minutes remaining on the estimated timer, then it flat lines and the washer remains locked. help
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks.

Can you get the model number off the unit and does the unit pump out water when you CANCEL the cycle?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cannot get the model # ***** Its the 24 in apartment size washer. When I cancel the cycle it just shuts off. I can re-set it to rinse for 15 minutes when it gets to 9 minutes it go to flashing R-10. Only about 3 months old.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Whirlpool

This would be hard without a model number as there are a lot of new units out there. I will see if another expert can assist as I try no to waster your and mine time guessing without the correct unit.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! It sounds like the main control has issues. At only 3 months old, it is under warranty and it will likely void your warranty if you attempt to repair it. Whirlpool may be reached at 1-***-***-**** to schedule service.