Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Asked this question a few minutes ago but got someone that

Customer Question

Asked this question a few minutes ago but got someone that didn't seem to know can you help? Whirlpool side by side refrigerator that is 1.5 yrs old. The Icemaker is not working. Went ahead and replaced the Icemaker but no good. I see this has the eyes on the side but it not like the old style eye. I see no red light. I looked up the part but the two eyes are sold separately and are not cheap. What eye should I order.
Optional Information:
Brand: Whirlpool
Type of Appliance: Refrigerator
Model Number: Wsf26c2ef01
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks.

The photo eye kit is part #4389102 and is a kit with both boards. If the eye is not lighting up then you have a failed photo eye board, here is a good deal on it for you...CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the star rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

This not what my part looks like.

I see for some reason the look up came up wrong on a site, I went to the factory site and yes here are the two numbers you need.

W10180607

W10296530

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Why would I need both if they are sold separately. I did unplug the unit for about 30 min and the light came back on then about 45 mins later the light went back out and still no ice.

Have you tested the icemaker for power?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, Also replaced it.