Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

ON A MAYTAG DISHWASHER W/TOUCH CONROLS, I CAN'T GET IT TO

Customer Question

ON A MAYTAG DISHWASHER W/TOUCH CONROLS, I CAN'T GET IT TO START, BECAUSE THE LOWER BUTTONS WON'T CONNECT.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So this is a fairly common problem and unfortunately it usually results in needing to replace the entire touch control panel. But before you do that, try to just reset the dishwasher by flipping the circuit breaker off on your house to the dishwasher for 5 minutes. Re-apply power and if it still acts up, flip the breaker off again. Open the door and remove all the screws around the border if the inner door liner going down vertically so that you can remove the control panel. There are 2 ribbon cables going to the control board from the touchpad. The smaller ribbon cable is the one for the front touchpad. Unplug this cable from the board and try to clean the end with a pencil eraser. Re-install it securely and if it still acts up when you re-apply power, replace the touch control panel. Below is a link to the part and it's about $150.

CLICK HERE for touch control panel

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?