Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Why does my microwave ovens control panel say F3

Customer Question

why does my microwave ovens control panel say F3
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

This error F3 means that your touch control pad has failed on your microwave. Try to unplug the microwave and heat up the touchpad with a hair dryer. Rub your thumb over each button a few times in case one is sticking. Let the touchpad cool down and then plug the microwave back in. If you still get the same error, the touch control panel would just need to be replaced. You'd need to order part number WB27X10816 and it's about $50-60.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?