Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

My whirlpool duet washer is giving out a f11 code

Customer Question

hi my whirlpool duet washer is giving out a f11 code
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

The F-11 is a serial communication error , which means Communication between the Central Control Unit (CCU) and the Motor Control Unit (MCU) cannot be sent correctly,

Check wire harness connections to the MCU, the motor, and Central Control Unit (CCU).

Check the drive system for any worn or failed components.

If all connections are good then I recommend to replace the MCU (motor control unit).

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Control-Board/W10756692/3452779?rcaid=1000070

If you have any questions just reply back.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we are back to square 1, youre not really helping me, youre not telling me where these harness connections or drive system are at to check and where and how do i check or take out the mcu??

All you need to do is ask!!

The CCU is on the top rear rail of the washer(the top washer panel will need to be removed) it has two screws from the rear of the washer ,remove the two screw grab the top panel and pull it back and off.

The CCU is right there it is the components that had all the wires going to it!

The MCU is under the unit.

Remove the front lower panel (two-three screws under the front lip of the panel ) remove the screws lift the panel out and off and the MCU is right there on the left front corner .

If you have ANY questions just reply back to me.

I see you have not rated me as of yet!
Even after you rate me if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you ,but rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time