Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My kenmore series 700 washer isn't working and "DL" keeps

Customer Question

My kenmore series 700 washer isn't working and "DL" keeps popping up
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Error DL means that your "door latch" has failed. Open the lid and make sure the plastic actuator on the lid isn't broken which goes down into the slot on the top frame of the washer to lock the lid. If that checks good, the door latch itself will need to be replaced. Below is a link to the exact latch you'll need to order for your model number and there is a video at the bottom of the link which shows you how to replace the part yourself.

CLICK HERE for latch and video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?