Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a GE side by side refrigerator which is ten years

Customer Question

HI ..I have a GE side by side refrigerator which is ten years old. the freezer is working and is registering at about 2 degrees however; the refrigerator temperature is at 46 and has steadily increased from 40 degrees earlier today. I have pushed the reset several times with no luck....it does sound like it is running and the lights are working. Any ideas? thank you
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Good evening. The first thing you'll need to do is pull everything out of the freezer and remove the lower back panel inside the freezer. Look at the silver evaporator coils behind this panel and are the packed with frost, lightly frosted from top to bottom, some frost on top but not on bottom, not frost at all, etc... ? Also, is the fan above the coils running?