Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My Vissani wine cooler Model #HVWC28ST stopped cooling. The

Customer Question

My Vissani wine cooler Model #HVWC28ST stopped cooling. The light is on, so it's getting electricity.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks.

Can you see if the compressor is running behind the unit?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The compressor does not appear to be running.

OK if the compressor is not running most likely you just have a failed main board. The Vissani wine coolers are a pretty simple system and if that is happening you need a new board.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the star rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you please advise me how I go about getting a new board? And where the current board is so that I know how to replace it?

For your model due to how inexpensive it is there are no parts showing available for your model. You can give them a call to double check, but the unit is about $190 brand new and some of the Vissani units are considered throw outs.

888 775- 0202