Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a thermador table top gas range. The electric

Customer Question

I have a thermador table top gas range. The electric strarter stopped making a spark. What do I do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks.

Do any of the burners work?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The problem is intermittent. The electric starter which goes click, click, click stops clicking. When it does click to make a spark the burners go on. The problem seems to be in the device which initiates the spark.

Does it do it on all the burners or just one of them?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The start causes a spark on each burner when that burner is turned on. No spark occurs on any burner.

I am not following this? Can you please explain in detail what is happening?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The themador stove top has 4 gas burners. Each burner has a device on it which causes a spark to start the fire. When you turn the knob the entire way on a particular burner it initiates a spark to that burner which starts the fire.
I am sure that each burner does not have an independent electric starter, but there is a main device that sends an electrical signal to that burner to start it sparking.
The device that sends that signal stopped working for all the burners. Which means there is a common device which sends that signal to each of the burners.
My question is: where do I buy a replacement for this starter device for the thrermador table top stove?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you there?

I am sorry I had a network crash on my end just got everything back up and running...computers some days!

Thanks for the detailed information, you need a new spark module for the unit you can go to Repairclinic.com with the complete model number off the unit to purchase one. They are typically Blue in color and would look like this. CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the star rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks