Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. working for a major domestic appliance company. Numerous training programs with cities, guilds and major manufacturers.
14831508

Ge model double convection oven JKP56 not heating to

Customer Question

Ge model double convection oven JKP56 not heating to temperature. Takes a long time to heat to 350 more than 30 mins. Model is 15 years old. Control panel was replaced 5 years ago. Also makes a lot of noise cooling down, not sure fan is working properly, runs for 1 to 2 hours before shutting off. Bottom oven is brand new never used.
Any ideas on solution, do you still have sensors, control panel, other parts for this model before I schedule a repair person.?
Or Should I be thinking replacing,considering I am retired and money is an issue.
Thanks for your help.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Im so sorry that no one else has responded to you.

Apologies for my delay in replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?

Please don't rate my answer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just use the reply button to contact me.

Is it when its in the fan assisted mode that it takes a long time to preheat?

Can you hear the fan on the back wall inside the oven runnung when its in this mode? (Note the cooling fan behind the control panel)

Thanks

Rob