Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Dacor oven that keeps giving F4 error. Oven Control board,

Customer Question

Dacor oven that keeps giving F4 error. Oven Control board, oven relay board, both High limit sensors, and oven temperature sensor have been replaced. Wiring to oven temperature is intact and not compromised.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jamie_2013 replied 1 year ago.

F4 is an oven temperature sensor fault. If you have done replaced all those parts, I would recommend replacing the wiring harness. It is possible that you had gotten a bad sensor so test it for continuity.

Rating my answer "OK Service" or better is the only way I receive credit for helping you. Please let me know if you need additional assistance or have any other questions. Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the last thing replaced was the oven control board and both the oven and broiler worked for a moment, While I was putting everything back together I got the F4 error again. In addition to all this information before I replaced the oven relay board, the error was bouncing back between f2 and f4 errors
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As I mentioned before I've traced both wires from the control board to the oven sensor, and both are intact with no damage.
Expert:  Jamie_2013 replied 1 year ago.

F2 indicates a runaway temperature so again the sensor or wiring is at fault.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just tested the sensor at the harness where it plugs into the control board and it is giving a reading of 1300 which is accurate as the oven is still a bit warm from when it was working a moment ago.
Expert:  Jamie_2013 replied 1 year ago.

Im stumped on this one I will opt out and see if another expert can help.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your input jamie. I appreciate it. I'm stumped as well...
Expert:  Jamie_2013 replied 1 year ago.

At what degrees was the oven when you tested it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I first tested the broiler and after the ignitor heated up for about 3 minutes it fired and was working fine, I next tested the oven and it got up to 350F in convection mode before I turned it off. I then started to put everything back together and the F4 error started which I cancelled, and I haven't been able to get the oven or broiler to work again since.
Expert:  Jamie_2013 replied 1 year ago.

At 350 degrees the sensor should read 1654

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
well it was reading 1300 about 20 minutes after I turned it off.
its reading about 1250 now and laser shows the top of the oven at about 160F
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Bypass the connection at the sensor, hard wiring it using ceramic wire nuts. That connector is very common to cause trouble. Any difference?