Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a LG WM 2688HNM washer its showing LE error. It shuts

Customer Question

I have a LG WM 2688HNM washer its showing LE error. It shuts off within 2 minutes
of beginning the wash cycle
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

LE means that the washer thinks that the motor is struggling to turn the tub. Open the door and spin the tub to make sure it spins smoothly. If so, then it sounds like you just have a common problem which is that your hall sensor clipped on the motor (on the back of your tub) is just reading incorrectly and will need to be replaced. Below is a link to the part you'll need to order. There is also a video at the bottom of the link which shows you how to replace the part.

CLICK HERE for RPS sensor

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?