Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Dx4500EA1ww. Will not run (start button has continuity )

Customer Question

Dx4500EA1ww. Will not run (start button has continuity ) unit circuit has been arched.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks.

Do you get a hum or anything when the Start button is pressed?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No sound...the unit has been arced and continuity check showed open circuit with the buzzer circuit and right side thermo limit pt # ***** 12X1074, and were replaced. The new thermo showed continuity, while the beeper was no change and unit no start. Start switch was jumpered to trace circuit flow yielding little results. Door switch good, motor and switches show good though only continuity check, no resistance readings on anything, as would not of value to me. The timer was difficult to get meaningful readings and would not activate any function even with the start button jumpered with line voltage.
My current active order is #15620329-337 ...had just started the Q & A when I was interrupted and not able to be adjacent to the unit on Friday and throughout the weekend. Hopefully this info gives guidance for effective response. As a last resort we could talk via smart phone though the operator is often not to smart in operating. cell and text *** [email protected]