Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Help! My dishwasher keeps filling up with water. It's a

Customer Question

Help!
My dishwasher keeps filling up with water. It's a Bosch SPE5ES55UC.
We've been getting the E15 error code... so we've been pulling the unit out and tipping it back to drain the water. The error code goes away, but then comes right back when we run the machine again.
Yesterday, we unplugged it so that the drain motor would stop running. We were worried that the motor would burn out. But in the afternoon water was leaking out of the front of the machine, so much water had accumulated in there.
Is it possible that a valve is not closing properly? We turned the water to the unit off last night...
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

If the dishwasher is overfilling even when it's not in use, your electronic water valve is definitely the problem. Whether the valve is sticking open or the valve is cracked, you'll need to order and replace the valve itself. Below is a link to the part you'll need to order for your model. It comes with the entire aqua stop inlet assembly on the side of the dishwasher.

CLICK HERE for valve assembly

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?