Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

LMH2235ST - LG over the range Microwave I just purchased,

Customer Question

LMH2235ST - LG over the range Microwave
I just purchased, and installed, an over the range LG microwave and the extend-a-vent will not stay closed. I have received no assistance from LG about this issue.
Lee Jones
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks.

Lee does the vent go in and then just pop back out?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its goes in and then just pops back out

OK if it is not staying in there is a plastic lock tab they have redesigned the lock tab and you would need take it apart to check it out, it may be bad, broken or you may have the old style one still. CLick on the link below to see the image of what I am talking about. You may not want to mess with it as it is under warranty still, but this is the issue most likely...very common.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the star rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks