Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My kitchenaid built in refrigerator is making repeated

Customer Question

My kitchenaid built in refrigerator is making repeated attempts to perform the defrost cycle.
it howls and moans and pings, but does not complete what it is attempting to do.
the display at the top of the unit has often shown an over-temp alert, requiring a reset.
the fan in the freezer has been replaced.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So there is a control board known for causing this issue and it's located up inside the compressor cage area above the doors. The board is well known because Kitchen Aid discontinued the part after only 7 years meaning that now all you can do is refurbish the board or buy a refurbished board to fix the unit. Either way, the part number is ***** and if you wanted to remove your old board and send it to be refurbished contact Circuit Board Medics at(###) ###-#### The cost of repair is usually about $200-250 and takes about 2 weeks. If you search around on the internet for a board that is already refurbished, you'll see it's much more expensive.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?