Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Our G.E. stove top lock unlock light won't go off and when

Customer Question

Our G.E. stove top lock unlock light won't go off and when we turn on the gas burner we get a loud buzzing sound.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a model number so I can better assist you and see what can cause this issue?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The oven is Kitchen-Aid. I thought the stove top was G.E. and not sure where to get the model number.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

That's OK the model should be located on a sticker below the cooktop and usually seen if you open up the cabinet doors below the cooktop if you have one. I see you requested a phone call so I'll send that option over as well if you'd rather speak by phone.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I see the model number of the Kitchenmaid oven, but can't locate the number of the stove top. I guess this is not going to work. How do I get my deposit back?
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks.

Hello I am a different tech, have you tried to unplug the unit for 1 full minute to reset it? Try that and let me know what happens.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the star rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My stove top is gas. I do not know how to unplug it. I would like my money refunded please.