Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My machine wouldn't spin or drain water and showed IE as an

Customer Question

My machine wouldn't spin or drain water and showed IE as an error code. I cannot find my manual. What does this code mean?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Error IE actually means that the washer isn't filling up with water quick enough. If the issue appears in the rinse cycle, the cold water valve needs to be replaced because only cold water is used for the rinse cycle and it's a different solenoid than the normal wash solenoid on the valve. It will stop the washer from spinning and draining because it detects and error before it is supposed to spin or drain. Below is a link to the 4 solenoid valve you need to order for your washer. It's the part just under the top panel of the washer that your water supply hoses from your house connect to.

CLICK HERE for valve

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.