Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Barry Did the turkey baster treatment. Ice continues to form

Customer Question

Hi Barry
Did the turkey baster treatment.
Ice continues to form in Kitchen Aid SbyS
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

There is a kit that was designed to correct this issue if you clean out the drain and the problem comes back. It's called a "drain probe heater kit" and it wraps around the defrost heater and extends down into the drain hole to transfer heat to the hole so it can't freeze over. Below is a link to the kit you'll want to order and replace.

CLICK HERE for kit

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?