Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My samsung dryer has an e63 error

Customer Question

My samsung dryer has an e63 error
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

This error E63 means that you have an open heating circuit. You could have a bad high limit thermostat or heating element that would cause this issue. You'd need a multimeter in order to test continuity through the heater as well as the thermostats mounted to the side of the heating element. The entire dryer would need to come apart from the top down start with the top panel, the control panel, and then the front panel in order to remove the drum so you can access the heating assembly below the drum. I'm not sure how handy you are but it's quite a bit of work.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?