John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Have a Maytag French Door Ref/Freezer about 8 or 9 yrs old.

Customer Question

Have a Maytag French Door Ref/Freezer about 8 or 9 yrs old. Control panel usually set for 0 - freezer and 40-fridge. Came in this morning and found the freezer at 50+ and the fridge at 66+. Everything in my freezer had thawed. Cleaned up the mess put everything I could save in a garage fridge. Pulled the plug and let it sit for 10 min to perhaps reset. It did nothing the control panel still states the high temps and won't get cold. It does sound like it's running, came back on when I plugged it in. I selected max cold and checked back later but still not chilling down.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Forget it, I'm going to call a repair man today, I can't wait around and even if you give me some answers to check certain things out, I'm not going to order parts and fix it myself anyway. Please cancel and do not charge me.