Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Auger motor is sticking--when the ice dispenser is pressed

Customer Question

Auger motor is sticking--when the ice dispenser is pressed the ice will continue to pour out from the outlet-- the only way to stop it is to remove the entire ice dispenser but the auger will keep rotating
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately this means that either the control board inside your dispenser is failing or the dispenser actuator that you push your glass on has a stuck contact inside. You'll need to unplug the actuator pad and see if the auger stops. If so, then replace the actuator pad. Otherwise, replace the dispenser control board. Below is a link to the actuator pad so you know what I'm talking about.

CLICK HERE to see actuator pad

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?