Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a brand new Samsung dryer (DV48J7770E) that was

Customer Question

I have a brand new Samsung dryer (DV48J7770E) that was installed by Lowes. The installer didn't perform the vent clog test. I didn't know it needed to be performed. I started using the dryer, and now I'm getting a vent clog error. The vent is not clogged. How do I reset this error message? Thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks.

Have you tried to shut power off to the unit for 30 seconds and try to start it again?

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the star rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did try unplugging it, but I can't be certain it was over thirty seconds. However I did leave it unplugged last night, so it will have been unplugged for many hours when I get home this afternoon.
Thanks,
Chris

Ok let me know what happens and I can assist after that with some diagnostics!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will do.

cool!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The whole clog test may be barking up the wrong tree. So here are just the facts:1. When I turn the power on, the filter check (far upper left) blinks red five times and then goes out.
2. The drying and cooling lights both come on.
3. When I hit start, the dryer starts, the drying light starts blinking, and the cooling light stays illuminated.
4. The dryer does not get hot.
5. Leaving it unplugged for hours had no effect.

This is likely a bad high limit in the unit. If this is new send it back as it is a job to take it all apart. That is up to you though