Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My dishwasher won't work. Says it needs rinse aid but it

Customer Question

My dishwasher won't work. Says it needs rinse aid but it doesnt
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! It should run a cycle fine with the rinse aid light on. If it is not, there is probably a fault in the electronics. Turn the power off at the breaker or unplug the machine for a few hours. Any change when power is restored?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did turn the breaker off for 5 minutes. No change.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Five minutes is not long enough. It can take several hours to allow the board components to discharge and restore factory settings. Try that extended power cycle and get back to me with results, please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will try turning off the breaker for a few hours.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Okay, keep me posted. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Turned the breaker off over night. Didn't help.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

What exactly is it doing now, just showing it needs rinse aid and absolutely nothing else?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I push the power button all the cycle lights flash on and then turn right off. The only lights are the rinse aid and two -- like that where you would apparently set the time for delayed rinse.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I suspect the main control is faulty. The tech sheet is below that will show how you can enter the service mode. Let me know if it will go i9nto that mode. If not. the control is faulty.

CLICK HERE

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I received your chart but I have no idea what you need me to do.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Under the section marked Service Mode, see if it will go into the service mode by pressing the buttons it shows to push under that section.