Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a Kenmore 417.44142400 washer that will not agitate

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore 417.44142400 washer that will not agitate or spin.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks.

Does the motor just not rotate at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Correct motor does not spin
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It does rotate by hand if that's what you mean.

OK you need a new speed control board on the unit. CLICK HERE

If you want to test it set the timer to the start of the heavy wash cycle and allow the washer to run for 3 minutes. Measure the voltage drop between pin #5 of the ten pin plug on the speed control board and pin #5 of the six pin plug on the speed control board. If you read 120 VAC replace the speed control board. If you read 0 VAC replace the timer. See attachment

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the star rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cool thanks! Will rate and try the test tomorrow

Ok no problem thanks, ***** ***** see the STAR rating link on your page