Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

How do I replace the water filter on my bosch fridge

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks.

Here is a video to show you how to complete this task...CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the star rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Carefully followed the video. Could not remove the filter. Do I need to turn the water off? Change any settings? Twisted to the left and filter will not budge. (did not turn off water.) I don't want to break anything by pulling it out with pliers.

You can shut the water off and press the dispenser button that should bleed all pressure out of the system to turn it out.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I shut the water off at the sink. It's still in there really tight and I can not pull it out of there.

There may be water in the flood basin on the unit. Is the pump running on it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where is that located? And how do I know if it is running? Am I being charged every time I ask a question?

No there is only one charge and I am only paid a small portion of that after a good rating is given, you can still come back as many times as needed for FREE after a rating. So please do rate my service at some point...thanks

For some reason the last post you received from me was not meant for you at all so disregard that. Have you shut the water off and pressed the dispenser then tried to pull out the filter yet?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK. I am shutting off the water at the sink. (That is the only place I know where to shut it off.) And then I will press the dispenser. And then I will try again to turn it to the left and pull it out of there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK. Got the old filter out and the new filter in. Now no water is coming out the dispenser. I think I am supposed to flush it? And maybe the ice too? Do I need to wait a bit?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried to fix the "replace filter" error message and now there is no filter item at all on the display. Meanwhile - no water is coming out.

OK with the new filter in have you turned the water supply back on? Also make sure the filter is in correctly and activate the water dispenser you should hear air or spurts of water coming out of it shortly. Make sure your water valve is fully open not partially especially if it is a saddle valve, crank it all the way open.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
water is back on. Yes filter is in correctly. No spurts. Water valve (at sink - only one I turned off) is fully open. Now no water is coming out the dispenser. I think I am supposed to flush it? And maybe the ice too? Do I need to wait a bit? And I tried to fix the "replace filter" error message and now there is no filter item at all on the display. Meanwhile - no water is coming out. Getting frustrated. Want to rate you highly -- but um - still no water.

Do you have the child lock on or anything like that on the dispenser that would prevent water from activating at the door?