Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I currently have an over the stove Maytag Model #MMV4205BAW

Customer Question

Hello, I currently have an over the stove Maytag Model #MMV4205BAW S/N 14663756LR. It quit working and I want to buy a new one model # ***** a 1.9 cubit foot with convection. I remember that the old one had a steel backing plate that mounted on the wall over the range. All the dimensions of the old unit and the new unit seem to be exactly the same except there is a small height difference. Am I going to be lucky enough to use the old steel plate for the new one as well? i.e. can I just disconnect the old, take it out, and put the new in the same cavity and hang it from the same backer plate? Please advise.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

If only things were that simple... The mounting bracket for the new unit is a part number W10440498 and the old unit uses a bracket which is part number DE70-00561A. Unfortunately it will not work for your new microwave, but everything else should fit the same other than the height difference as you mentioned. The new bracket will mount in a very slight different location as well height-wise, but it will look almost the same as the old bracket.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.