Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Roper washing machine on start up will only run water than a

Customer Question

Roper washing machine on start up will only run water for less than a min and then kicks into spin mode.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So the only thing that can cause the washer to act this way is the control board itself. The part is about $300 so you can try to reset it first, but if that doesn't work, you'll need to order and replace part number W10484681.

To reset the board, here is the sequence you'll need to go through to display the error code.

1. Be sure the washer is in standby mode (plugged in with all indicators off). (press and hold the start/cancel button for 3 seconds to turn everything off)

2. Perform the following sequence of movement using the cycle selector knob. NOTE: AFTER RESET, sequence “a” through “e” must be completed within 6 seconds.

RESET - Rotate cycle selector knob counterclockwise to clear sequence.

a. Rotate cycle selector knob counter-clockwise one click and wait 1/2 second.

b. Rotate cycle selector knob clockwise one click and wait 1⁄2 second.

c. Rotate cycle selector knob clockwise one click and wait 1⁄2 second.

d. Rotate cycle selector knob clockwise one click and wait 1⁄2 second.

e. Rotate cycle selector knob counter-clockwise one click and wait 1⁄2 second.

f. Rotate cycle selector knob clockwise one click and wait 1⁄2 second.

Now you are in diagnostics. Turn the knob until just the "DONE" LED is illuminated. Push START.

Now turn the dial until all the LED's are illuminated and then press and hold the start button for 5 seconds to reset the board. Just unplug the washer and plug it back in after 60 seconds to see if it worked.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?