Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Our microwave would work sometimes and then not work when we

Customer Question

Our microwave would work sometimes and then not work when we keyed in info. to cook. Now if we open the door it is actively running (with the door open)! Also, the vent piece (which we replaced within the last months) looks like it is not not installed correctly. Looking from the side of the microwave, the bottom part is not attached snugly to the microwave main body. Shat should we do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

It sounds like one of your 3 door switches is not functioning properly but since the issue is intermittent and it only runs when the door is open "sometimes" it may be difficult to test since it may or may not be working when you test it. Either way, below is a video that shows you how to access and test the door switches so you can determine which one is faulty and needs to be replaced. As for the vent not being installed correctly, I really couldn't say without being there what is wrong, but just remove the screws going into the vent and pull the vent off and try to re-install it properly.

CLICK HERE for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?