Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My five star range burns propane. Its oven seems not to go

Customer Question

My five star range burns propane. Its oven seems not to go above 400F and its griddle takes 20+ min to heat up. What can I do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks.

IS this a new oven or converted to propane?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I bought my range new ~1-year ago in a propane configuration (as evidenced by the model number I provided in my original request).
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The first time I used the griddle, the flame ignited, audibly flickered, then went out. I contacted 5-Star who sent out a new griddle manifold and some parts, and set up a warranty call by a local tech. The tech simply bent the manifold bracket and adjusted the air shutter to give a steady mostly blue flame ~ 3/4 inch high. He then checked the broiler/oven manifold and said it looked to be OK (adjusted within spec). it has nnly been recent that when trying to heat the oven to ~500F for a Pizza that I noticed that two different thermometers showed that the oven would not go above ~400F.

Were you noticing baking issue or what type of thermometer are you using?