Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Maytag Epic Z model #MEDZ600TW1 show a F01 code

Customer Question

I have a Maytag Epic Z model #MEDZ600TW1 show a F01 code after a power outage. Dryer was not running at time of outage. What's up ?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So F1 on this model is fairly straight forward and it means that your main relay control board is detecting an internal short when it's trying to start up. The relay control board is located above the drum against the left panel wall and it needs to be ordered and replaced to fix the issue. Below is a link to the part you'll need to order and replace to fix the issue.

CLICK HERE for control board

To access the part, just pull the dryer forward and unplug it. Then remove the 3 screws coming in from the back of the top panel and the top panel will pull straight back, up, and off. Now you have access to the control board for replacement.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.