Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Kenmore washer 970c45072. It gives me the door

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore washer 970c45072. It gives me the door switch error code E41. When the door is closed its continuity tested open (as listed in test 7) so I replaced the door switch and striker. New switch also tests open when door is closed. Still gives same error and will not start. I can hear the old and new door lock clicking but still will not allow the washer to start.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So your error code is correct, you have a faulty door latch switch. It's possible that the door latch came faulty which does happen sometimes but before you return it, open the door and look at the plastic door striker on the door itself which goes into the latch. There are 2 prongs so make sure both prongs are not broken. If that checks good, just return the latch and get a new one since it's testing faulty. The only other option that can cause you problem would be a broken wire between the door latch and the main control board or a bad main control board itself (which you can't really test for).

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.