Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

MAYTAG DISHWASHER MOD. DWU9200 Became inoperative after

Customer Question

MAYTAG DISHWASHER MOD. DWU9200 Became inoperative after seconds-brief power interruption during lightning storm. No other appliances in apartment were affected. Plug from dishwasher was removed from receptacle and receptacle checked GOOD for power. Fuses checked OK, also but washer still shows no sign of life. Any suggestions in trouble-shooting before Repairman summoned? Joe
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

If you have no signs of life at all, you'll need to remove the kick panel below the door and locate the 3" x 3" junction box on the front of your dishwasher below the tub. This is where the power cord from your house connects to the dishwasher itself. With a multimeter, you'd need to test to see if you're still definitely getting 120 volts between the power and neutral wire on the dishwasher. If all that checks good, then is sounds like your door latch switch shorted out in the storm because nothing else would cut all operations on the dishwasher and make it appear dead if it's getting power from your house. Below is a link to the latch switch assembly you'd need to order for your model.

CLICK HERE for latch switch assembly

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?