Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Magic Chef Freezer MCUF88W quit working. The motor protector

Customer Question

Magic Chef Freezer MCUF88W quit working. The motor protector ( I think) is clicking, comp. buzzes for about 5-6 seconds and clicks off. The motor protector was not installed up against the compressor. Any thoughts?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks.

The compressor relay could be bad, but very often on that unit when that happens the compressor is actually bad. There is no for sure test to do on it and really you need to install a new relay on the unit to see if the compressor will fire up. In my experience on that unit the compressors are normally junk as they used a really cheap compressor on them.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the star rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks