Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore
19941226

I have a Maytag Bravos MVWB750WQ washer that does not fill

Customer Question

I have a Maytag Bravos MVWB750WQ washer that does not fill with enough water to get clothes clean. All cycles except "Bulky" and "Sheets" do not fill with enough water to turn to turn the clothes as they wash, or rinse the clothes properly in the rinse cycle. I understand that the amount of water is controlled by the tub weight during the wash and rinse cycles. Is this control adjustable, and if so, how?
Bill Egan (###) ###-####***@******.*** *****
Wadsworth, Ohio 44281
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 1 year ago.

Hello, this is Dave. The water level is controlled by the main control. Bulky and gentle use more water that the normal cycles. You can't adjust the water level but if you select the fabric softener setting you will get more water in the rinse cycle and that should help. Let me know if there is anything more I can do for you because I understand that you were hoping for a better answer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your review and information. I was hoping for a solution. Guess we will have to wash everything on BULKY or SHEETS. We will try GENTLE? May have to go back to an "old style" washer. Cost me $32 to find out we wasted $900 on a new tech Maytag washer!

I understand the frustration but the new washers must meet federal water use guidelines and there is no longer a "soulution". Front load washers do a better job for when you need to replace the washer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I guess, I don't have a choice, but to be satisfied. Dave knows the technical aspects of the current lines washing machines. He explained what I asked about.
Bill

I also wish we could make changes to the operation and design but that is not possible and still be compliant with government regulations.