Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My WDT720PADM dishwasher is less than a year old and it is

Customer Question

My WDT720PADM dishwasher is less than a year old and it is leaking under the bottom edge of the door. It didn't seem to have any problems then the pump went out. Had it replaced and ever since is leaks out of one particular spot, roughly just left of center. It doesn't do it constantly, and when it does it's almost like a spurt, like it has some pressure behind it. Had a tech out and couldn't seem to find anything wrong. It's not a soap problem and doesn't appear to be overfilling, although not sure if that's adjustable.
Not sure what to do next.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks.

What pump wash replaced the drain pump or main pump?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I believe it was the main but not 100% sure. He said there was a broken piece of glass in it and the impeller was all chewed up.

Ok are there any suds in the water when it is washing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. Definite not a sudsing problem. Confident of that as was the tech that came out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've read where that is a common problem though.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But no, no suds.

Ok then either the diverter is leaking or possibly an air vent issue. Can you see the water leakng over the edge? Use a flashlight and mirror to see.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure what you mean by leaking over the edge. The door doesn't seal at the bottom as you know, the water comes out in the same spot under the bottom of the door, where it hinges. I've watched it. Doesn't happen consistently, meaning it will leak every load, but you never know when it's going to happen. Usually it's like an hour into the cycle, but not always. It's not a drip, more like a splash when it happens. Also, the tech that came out mentioned something about the air vent - top left as you look at the dishwasher, true??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Something about it was a flap or something and it was a little sticky so he cleaned it up so it was working correctly he believed.

Is it leaking where the air vent is located?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, definitely not the air vent. I took the door off and took a video when it happens. This happens several times, seems as if you can hear the washer arm spinning, then it will stop, then they will start up and again and this will happen. The trough fills up, the arms start up again and then it goes back down. Attempting to upload video now....

Yes please get me a video

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Let me know if this comes through...

That came through as a wave file only audio.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't seem to get it into a format that will allow an upload. Do you have an email or can I put it on in dropbox and send you a link??

Send me a dropbox link

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tki0n3ef7y4crbo/AABlHaseKNN-C6cjNDnGbknda?dl=0Let me know if this works...

Got it, I see what it is doing that is surging, check the wash arm base and part #1 at this link carefully. If not seated right or one is cracked water will shoot sideways and cause that issue.

CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the star rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks