Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Our Samsung Dryer Model # DV328AEWXAA, purchased 8/15/09 for

Customer Question

Our Samsung Dryer Model # ***** purchased 8/15/09 for $720.80 + 4 yr service plan from Lowe's @ $160 has recently started shutting off about a minute into any cycle. A service tech came to check it and said a sensor had gone out and it would take about $400 to repair it and that I would be better off to purchase a new dryer. What do you think? I really would like to keep the washer/dryer combo together and I just reviewed your replacement parts online. It appears a new sensor is $5.09. Please advise and thank you in advance. Marinell Adair
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks.

Is the unit displaying any error code and can you start it right back up after it shuts off?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It may display error code, but our message panel hasn't worked it probably over a year (annoying). It will start right back up and will run if there is nothing wet inside. Once a wet item is placed in the drum, it shuts off in about a minute.

The sensor paddles will not be bad, but the control likely is I would replace the main control so you can see the display as you would be guessing at everything otherwise.

Replace the main interface board and go from there, this unit is worth repairing totally.

CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the star rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is fine; I actually prefer online chats. Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I appreciate tech's opinion that dryer is worth repairing. However, what I want to know is appropriately how much repair would cost. It may end up costing more than a new dryer??

The repair will likely set you back $300-400 totally for this unit. If it is not in good shape you may want to consider a new one. That is up to you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you

No problem

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks