Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Whirlpool duet dryer is not getting hot

Customer Question

whirlpool duet dryer is not getting hot
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks.

Do you have the complete model number and is this gas or electric?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have the model number handy but it is gas

OK can you remove the lower front panel on the unit?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I opened the front lower panel

Ok remove the blower duct housing and locate the WHITE thermal fuse on top of the duct housing it is the most left WHITE plastic thermostat on the housing...Unplug the unit and put those wires together and tape them up and start it up does the ignitor start to glow? If so replace that part. SHould be part number(###) ###-####CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the star rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm going to call a local technician inThanks for your help

Ok no problem if you can please rate my service using the star link on LABOR DAY as that is the only way I receive any credit for my time thanks!