kingmz
kingmz, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Over 10,000 home appliance repairs, manages and runs my own company.
64161474

Samsung dishwasher m#DMR77LHS.....it once quit washing. I

Customer Question

Samsung dishwasher m#DMR77LHS.....it once quit washing. I took it out disassembled everything off....put everything back on worked for 2 years. Now it just quit working period. It acts like has no electric hooked up to it but it does! Help.....thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  kingmz replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** will be helping you today. First thing to do is make sure its plugged in, check the outlet where its plugged into. If you have a volt meter check for 110 volts at the receptacle, if you dont have a meter get a lamp or another 110 volt plug and make sure it works when plugged in. If thats fine, make sure the dishwasher is unplugged and what I want you to do is take off the bottom kick plate (phillips screws I believe). ONce that is off, to the right you will see a metal box, remove the screw holding that box in and you will see wires connected with a wire nut connector. Remove the nut connector and make sure the wires are firmly connected and twist the nut connectors back on. Power the unit up and see if that fixed it. Please note if that wire nut connector is burnt (its made of plastic) you will see a bump or discolored area, more than likely that will need to be reattached is more than likely the culprit. If none of that fixed the issue, respond back in here and we will go over what to do next.