Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My French door Maytag all of a sudden has started blinking

Customer Question

My French door Maytag all of a sudden has started blinking and the round door in the ice shoot keeps opening and closing. I emptied the ice maker, but no change. What do I do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So unfortunately this is a very common problem for your model and there is no way to fix this problem without replacing the high voltage control board on the back of your refrigerator. If you pull the refrigerator out and unplug the unit, you can see an access panel about half way up the back of the refrigerator. You need to remove this and replace the control board behind the panel. The part is all plug and play so if you're handy, you can definitely replace it yourself. Below is a link to to the part you'd need to order for your model. You'll need to look at your serial number and if it starts with 10 or 11, order the first control board. If the serial number starts with 12 or higher, order the second control board

CLICK HERE for control board (series 10 or 11)

CLICK HERE for control board (series 12 and up)

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.