Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Are you familiar with whirlpool ice makers at the bottom of

Customer Question

are you familiar with whirlpool ice makers at the bottom of the refridgerator?
2 things going... the ice maker made ice that still had a bad flavor. we have 2 of these refrigerators side by side.... the bad flavor is more prominent in the right refrigerator but is also in the left one.
can we get rid of that flavor and how?
also... i turned off ice maker on right refrigerator to have more storage space, now it leaks and creates an ice cube on the bottom and a puddle sporadically on my floor. what can i do? i don't know how to make it so it does not fill or pour water into basin when ice lever is on off mode
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks.

Is the water pooling and freezing in the freezer section?