Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore
19941226

I have a whirlpool duet steam front-loading washer that

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool duet steam front-loading washer that lately doesn't finish washing the load. Also when i start a load it starts locks then unlocks and locks again and stops the process and flashes, either the time remaining or the lock flashes and doesn't let me unlock. i have also unplugged for a few min. and it won't unlock. This is happening a lot lately. Do you think i need to get someone to look at it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 1 year ago.

Hello, this is Dave. It sounds like the control can't tell that the door is locked. The door lock assembly has several switches that all need to close. One of the switches either is not closing or less likely the control is at fault. Unless you think you can test and replace the door lock assembly you will want to call someone to do this.

Do you still need help?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When i submitted my question, i thought the entire charge would be only $5; which is why i submitted my request. Now i see that i was charged an additional $17 for the answer. i submitted my question because i wanted to know if there was something that i could do myself with the expert advice from the technician. And then, i could understand the additional charge. But, The 'advice' was that i needed to have it checked out by an appliance tech. i don't think this justifies the additional charge of $17. i want a refund for this amount. Please.