Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I recently moved. I plugged my old fridge in in the garage.

Customer Question

I recently moved. I plugged my old fridge in in the garage. It was starting to cool so I was going to give it over niggt to cool down. The next morning it was not running and needless to say, not cold. It gets power..but nothing happens...
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The model is rt21lmxkq03. The interior light comes on... but nothing from compressor
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks. So let’s get started!

The most likely issue would be the main temperature control in the unit..PART #13 at this link..CLICK HERE

If you remove the couple screws to drop the control console down you can get at the control and the two wires going to the control. If you remove them from the control and put them together and the unit fires up..then that is the issue for sure. Sometimes just tapping on the control will get it to star. If that happens still replace the control. If you do not get it to fire up by doing that let me know.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the star rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks