Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Mine dishwasher has an error code of E:24

Customer Question

mine dishwasher has an error code of E:24
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks. So let’s get started!

The error code E24 on Bosch dishwashers is a drain error code although it can be triggered by the circulation pump or main control issue. The first thing to check is your drain system, make sure the filters are not plugged and the check valve is in place. Your check valve is located in the bottom of your tub on the side wall, generally white in color. If those two things are looking good check your drain hose is it kinked or clogged.

The next thing to check is your drain pump, when you press cancel can you hear a humming noise? If not you will need to check for power to the drain pump, there should be 120v. If all the items in your drain system test OK and you are still getting the code the next step will require you to remove the dishwasher from the cabinet.

After the dishwasher has been removed from the cabinet you will need to get to the main control on the lower right side. Make sure the breaker is turned off to the dishwasher at this time. Remove the connector with the three grey and three black wires. Your looking for 89 Ohms on the grey wires going to the drain pump, and 14 Ohms across the black wires going to the circulation pump. If those both check out you will need to replaced the main control.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the star rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks