Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a JM1790 Profile Convection/Microwave oven. The

Customer Question

I have a JM1790 Profile Convection/Microwave oven.
The Microwave suddenly went completely dead. The unit appears to be unplugged.
No lights on the display.
However, it is plugged in an I checked the circuit and the circuit is hot.
Any ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue so do not rate me until we are done thanks. So let’s get started!

There is an internal fuse on the unit that is likely bad. You need to remove the upper grill above the door on the unit, then you will see a single screw above the control console. You can then lift up the console and it will rock forward exposing the inside of the unit. You should find a 15amp white bus fuse in a holder on the unit. Check it and replace it.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the star rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unable to locate fuse

Can you see inside the unit?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can see side unit

Ok can you take a picture of it and upload it here?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are there two fuses or is it the magnetron thermal fuse

The magnetron has a thermal fuse...you are looking for this. CLICK HERE

The power cord right to it or it is mounted on the power filter board

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Found it was in a compartment above the control panel.Thanks Jim

Cool!